FAQs & TIPS
- Begin with your desired color palette. Keep this simple. Where do you plan to display your portraits within your home? Select tones that will compliment your walls. If your walls are neutral, you may want to add a “pop” of color to make the images stand out even more.
- As cute as it may be, dont’ do the “matchy-matchy” look. Coordinate instead. If your little one’s dress has a floral pattern, use those colors within the outfit to pull through the remainder of the family’s clothing and accessories, keeping their outfits more simple.
- Patterns are perfect, in moderation.
- Refrain from logos, or other distracting graphics.
- Think about textures, shades, and varying tones of the same color. These elements can add that little detail you are looking for.
- Accessories can add that special finishing touch. However, keep in mind the focus of the image, we don’t want the accessories to overwhelm the image. We have all heard that phrase, “less is more”.
- While your favorite pair of nike tennis-shoes may make your tiny man run faster, and jump higher, they shouldn’t be the pair of choice for your portraits. Your shoe choice does make a difference!
- Last but not least, if you have plans to go to your nearest a salon, make sure to do so a week or so in advance.
- Still unsure of what to wear for your upcoming family photo session with us? Give us a call or send us an email and we’ll help walk you with clothing ideas for family photos.